Top 10 Better Metaphors for Refugees than Skittles
Donald Trump Jr. recently made headlines when he used a bowl of Skittles containing a few poisonous Skittles as a metaphor for Syrian refugees coming to America. Despite some backlash, Trump Jr. has stood by his comment. However, we at The Slant have composed a list of metaphors he could have possibly used that are slightly more… tasteful.
10. Tropical Skittles - Adds a tropical element to his original metaphor. Because everyone knows that Aruba is more fun than poison.
9. Your creepy drunk uncle at Christmas - You have to let him in, but you don’t really want to.
8. Tiny hands - something else that doesn’t give Sr. enough support.
7. Twitter - one stupid tweet ruins everyone else’s enjoyable experience of pictures of food.
6. Obama’s Birth Certificate - The Trumps aren’t sure where it’s from, so it must be dangerous.
5. Vanderbilt Football - trying to find a Syrian refugee that is a terrorist is like trying to find a ‘Dores win.
4. M&Ms - the original colored candy is always a better option.
3. Paper - ‘Cause at this point, why not. Makes about as much sense as Skittles.
2. Farts - The ones that you don’t hear (see) are the deadliest.
1. Donald Trump Jr. himself - Because he has a view on this subject that no one shares.